Welcome to the Voice In getting started guide, you should be on your way to using Voice In within 2 minutes.
(1) After you install the extension, you will be taken to setup page.
(2) Follow the instructions on the setup page.
(3) At the end of your setup, you will land on the Setup Successful page like below. That means Voice In has been successfully setup. Continue to the next section.
(2) Place the cursor in the text area.
(3) Use one of three ways to start/stop voice recognition:
Voice In Button
Click on the Voice In button in the address bar to start/stop recognition. The button will turn red once dictation starts.
(To stop dictation, click on the button again. The button will turn black once recognition stops.)
Place the cursor in the text box, right-click on the mouse, and then, in the drop-down menu click "Start Recording".
(To stop, you can right click and select "Stop Recording".)
You can also use the keyboard shortcut
CTRL+SHIFT+9 to start/stop voice recognition.
(3) Speak into the microphone. The text that you utter will get transcribed and typed at the cursor location. See the two demos to the right showing it in action.
When you start dictation, the Voice In language button (also called pop-up) shows up on the page. It shows the current dictation language. Clicking on it opens up a pop-up in which you can change the current language.
Now you are ready to use Voice In on your favourite websites like Gmail, Office 365, Ebay, Wordpress, Zendesk,
Voice In works on most sites with simple textbox / input box. You can find the list of sites we have tested Voice In to work on here.