• Please use the new forum at https://forum.dictanote.co

Profanity filter issue

E
ecalypso
E Calypso
  • 10 Mar

First of all: Excuse my French. But I'm discovering once I turn the profanity filter off (so I can sound like a normal person in dictating messages to friends) that some of the NSFW words are translating in very weird and unexpected ways.

For example if I say "shitty" it inevitably translates as slutty, each and every time. I noticed it and just fixed it before I hit send, because that one's really not too bad and I admit it's kind of funny. But then last night I said "bitches" and it came out as blowjob. I tried it several times, and each time it said blowjob instead of "bitches",,, In fact it's doing it now as I try dictate this message...

I don't get it. The word "bitches" sounds nothing like blowjob, and come to think of it "shitty" sounds nothing like slutty. Am I doing something wrong, or is the profanity filter set up differently than expected? Those are the only two I've come across, but it's not like I use a lot of what some might consider profanity in my normal speech. However I still would like to know how to fix or get around this issue.

We have moved to a new forum. Please ask your question at forum.dictanote.co.