• Please use the new forum at https://forum.dictanote.co

system sound transcribe

S
sumant2000
Sumant Khapre
  • 25 Nov '23

I don't remember whether I asked you already, is there any software you know which will able to convert the audio into text in the real time? Let's say I am talking with you, let's say on Microsoft Teams or maybe Google Meet or anything.

So the sound coming from the system, I want that to be transcribed and convert into text. So in Microsoft Teams we can do that but for that the person who is calling us has to approve and he should permit to record and transcribe.

So I want that because some meetings are happening and not easy to understand what they talk so because those are not Indian people so it is difficult to understand their accent. So if whatever sound is coming from laptop if there is a way to convert into text in the real time then it is great.

Otherwise I need to buy another laptop and in another laptop somehow I will start Google Audio voice in and it will get a code because we can use Google typing voice typing kind of on laptop also. So in that whatever we are talking gets recorded in terms of text but buying one more laptop will be very costly.

So internally there should be some way. to convert audio to text without taking permission from the person who is calling us in Microsoft Teams or Zoom or anything so that it will be easy to take the notes.

Just search on that maybe if you don't know readymade because I am using many softwares which are free which are like screen capturing and all but those are like not real time it doesn't convert to text on the real time.

A
admin
Dictanote Admin
  • 27 Nov '23

Hi Sumant,

This is not possible by default as the OS cancels the sound/speaker output from the microphone input.
You can check https://blog.dictanote.co/tra…. This elaborates how to pipe sound output to microphone input. It is non-trivial to do it.

We have moved to a new forum. Please ask your question at forum.dictanote.co.