• Please use the new forum at https://forum.dictanote.co

The delay issue is still unresolved. (Resolved)

C
choi786111
필성 최
  • 19 Oct '23

In Chrome, English is written normally, but Korean and Portuguese are delayed. I'm using Chrome version 118.0.5993.89 (official build) (64 bits).

I tried a different speech to text program today. There is no delay problem in Korean there. Voice in. What does this mean?

C
choi786111
필성 최
  • 19 Oct '23

sorry. On second thought, I don't think that's the point. Because I don't know much about the technical part. But don't you think there's a problem with voice-in indicating that the problem is solved because there are the most English speakers? I feel a little bad because I feel discriminated against from the standpoint of paying and using the same money as them. I'm one of the first informants on this issue, and Voicein didn't even ask me if the problem continued.

A
admin
Dictanote Admin
  • 21 Oct '23

Hi Choi,
Can you go to Google Docs > Tools > Start Voice Typing.
Change language to Korean and see if you can reproduce the issue

That will indicate if this is a Voice In issue vs a likely temporary Korean issue.
I can take a look and fix it on our end if it is working correctly in Google Docs directly.

C
choi786111
필성 최
  • 23 Oct '23

Yes. When typing in Korean, Google docs' default voice typing does not cause any delay issues such as voicein.

A
admin
Dictanote Admin
  • 23 Oct '23

Hi Choi,
Thanks for letting me know, let me take a look into this issue and get back to you.

B
basyounes
Basil Younes
  • 24 Oct '23

There is a long delay dictating English in chrome

P
patm-r
PATRICK MEAD-ROBINS
  • 24 Oct '23

Well who is mucking around with what here???

I got the original delay happening around October 12th and I got the excellent speed back again of a day or so later, and now today it suddenly has gone back into a cold molasses state and it takes ages for the voice text to show up if I just wait, but hitting the return button enters the spoken text pretty well immediately.
It had been working very well for about a week, so Somebody's mucking around with something and screwing things up and preventing the normal and fast voice to text from working properly.

As I mentioned, hitting my return key will get the spoken words entered as text immediately when Voice In is enabled.

I trust and hope someone is working on the problem and will get it fixed and working normally and properly soon.
It is currently October 24th @ 2:30pm PDT here.

Thanks,

Patrick

C
choi786111
필성 최
  • 25 Oct '23

Thank you, Voice In. In my case, the delay issue has been resolved! There were no changes to the settings. There was a window update yesterday morning. In Chrome version 118.0.5993.118 (official build) (64 bits), voice-in works normally in Korean.

We have moved to a new forum. Please ask your question at forum.dictanote.co.