• Please use the new forum at https://forum.dictanote.co

Delay in inserting text into textbox (chrome browser) - Not Resolved

D
davi8
Davi Khouri
  • 13 Oct '23

"There is a noticeable lag between when the text appears and when it is inserted in the textbox. This stems from a recent glitch in Chrome's speech-to-text API."

The previous post was assigned as "resolved", but it hasn't been fixed for me. Are you sure it's done? Thanks.

P
patm-r
PATRICK MEAD-ROBINS
  • 13 Oct '23

I would just like to add that my 𝗩𝗼𝗢𝗰𝗲 𝗢𝗻 is now working again and extremely well, but I will mention I am using an old version of Google Chrome, Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (x86_64) and OS X 10.11: El Capitan, and also did several shutdowns and restarts yesterday which might have helped fix things.
My thanks to the Dictanote and Voice In crew for the quick fix, at least for my situation, and my seriously affected rheumatoid-arthritic hands appreciate it.

C
choi786111
ν•„μ„± 졜
  • 16 Oct '23

I haven't solved it either. I'm using Chrome version 118.0.5993.71 (official build) (64 bits).

P
patm-r
PATRICK MEAD-ROBINS
  • 16 Oct '23

@choi786111, I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems but I do not know why, but have you tried shutting down your computer, waiting a minute maybe and then rebooting and trying again and see if your Voice-In will again work properly for you.
All I can say it is working for me and has been for several days now. Today is October 16th.

C
clajen
Claus Jensen
  • 17 Oct '23

Today I subscribed to the service and I am not satisfied with the delay between the moment I speak and the text appears. Unfortunately, it has been faster to type.

D
davi8
Davi Khouri
  • 18 Oct '23

Ok, as of today it is working again. I haven't installed or uninstalled anything, but it seems to be fixed.

P
patm-r
PATRICK MEAD-ROBINS
  • 24 Oct '23

@davi8, I had about the same success that you did and my voice and dictation had been working very nicely but suddenly started acting like cold molasses again today shortly after lunch time here October 24th, as I posted elsewhere, and hadn't done any changes to my iMac other than a restart when this delay started happening again today.

Here's hoping it gets fixed soon.

EDITL Wednesday October 25 9:00 a.m. PDT, voice to text voice in translation seems to be working correctly and without any lagm at least on my iMac this morning.

Thanks for the quick fix.

- Patrick

We have moved to a new forum. Please ask your question at forum.dictanote.co.