• Please use the new forum at https://forum.dictanote.co

How to Create a Custom Command to Insert Long Date Format?

M
mdavis2383
Megan Davis
  • 3 Oct '23

I'm looking for guidance on how to create a custom command that inserts the long format version of the date when I enter a specific command, such as 'add long date.' I want the output to be in the format 'Tuesday, October 3, 2023.'

I've been struggling to figure out how to implement this, and any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

A
admin
Dictanote Admin
  • 6 Oct '23

Hi Megan,

This is not possible today. Currently the custom voice command <date> inserts it as 10/6/2023 or 6/10/2023 depending on the country.

S
soraross324
Sora Ross
  • 25 Oct '23

To create a custom command to insert the long date format into a document, you can use the features provided by word processing software such as Microsoft Word. Here's a general guide on how to create such a command:

Using Microsoft Word as an Example:

Open Microsoft Word: Launch Microsoft Word and open the document in which you want to insert the long date format.

Enable Developer Tab: To create custom commands in Word, you need to have the Developer tab visible on the ribbon. To enable it, go to "File" > "Options" > "Customize Ribbon" and check the "Developer" option in the right-hand column.

Open Visual Basic for Applications (VBA): Click on the "Developer" tab

We have moved to a new forum. Please ask your question at forum.dictanote.co.