• Please use the new forum at https://forum.dictanote.co

Edge browser Macbook M2

T
tmccaw
Trevor McCaw
  • 24 Mar '23

I can't get the Voice In extension to work on my Edge browser on MacOS Macbook with M2 chip. I did a complete clean reinstall of Edge, turned off all other extensions and still no luck. The extension works on Chrome on the same computer.

The extension stays grey and the icon won't turn red. I've allowed microphone access, but no luck. Any thoughts? The extension works on Edge on my windows machine.

A
admin
Dictanote Admin
  • 1 Apr '23

We are actively investigating this issue, hope to have a resolution soon.

R
rawvlad
Vlad C
  • 21 Apr '23

@bytelander, I have the same issue using M1 Pro. The application works perfectly in Chrome, but I'd like to try using Voice In within MS Bing as it seems really promising. Hopefully, this can be fixed. Thanks a lot in advance!

A
admin
Dictanote Admin
  • 24 Apr '23

Update on this: There is a bug in Edge for Apple Chip (M1/M2) that prevents speech recognition from starting. We have let the Edge devs know about it, however, there is no ETA on when the fix will land.
It works fine on Edge for Intel Chips.

D
david.perdew
David Perdew
  • 2 Jun '23

have the same issue on MacPro M1.

I just noticed that this bug is 2 months old. Any status update? If not, I'll have to ask for a refund. I'm just not willing to go back to Chrome.

A
admin
Dictanote Admin
  • 3 Jun '23

Status update on this:
We have raised this issue with the Edge team via support rep and on their public forum.
No updates on a fix yet :/

Note this issue only affects Edge on Mac M1/M2. Voice In works fine on Chrome on Mac M1/M2 and all other platforms.
Edge works fine on all platforms except Mac M1/M2.

T
tmccaw
Trevor McCaw
  • 8 Jul '23

Any updates on this? The extension still doesn't work.

M
mariomorpho
Mario Cordero
  • 9 Jul '23

I have the exact same issue on Windows 11

admin closed this 6 months, 3 weeks ago
We have moved to a new forum. Please ask your question at forum.dictanote.co.