• Please use the new forum at https://forum.dictanote.co

oh, -- When voice dictating and I say 'comma' --- Voice in will insert " oh, "

S
  • 4 Jan '23

My title pretty much sums it up.
This is not an every time I am dictating problem, but happens often enough that it's annoying especially when I don't catch it before I send out the email. Any insights are appreciated

B
bschickmartins
Barbara Martins
  • 10 Jan '23

I also have this problem very often. No words of advice here, just wanted to let you know you're not alone, lol. I always have to do a CTRL + F search for "oh" in the text I typed out to make sure I don't sound ridiculous since these are responses I'm dictating to clients.

S
  • 19 Jan '23

Now when i say PERIOD, it spell out the word instead of placing a "." and the end of the sentence.

H
hogan
Hogan VanSickle
  • 6 Feb '23

Deja vu. I have had all of those problems intermittently. My biggest issue now is capitalization. If I put it on sentence case, it will capitalize the first word in the sentence but not any other word even popular proper nouns, as it should. and if I put it on default, it doesn't capitalize anything, including the first word in each sentence or any proper nouns. It can get extremely frustrating. As soon as one issue is fixed a new one is coming right behind it. And it is issues that have never been issues before that I've used often.

H
hogan
Hogan VanSickle
  • 6 Feb '23

@sfahrenkrog, I fixed this issue creating a custom command
Say This ---> "oh, "
To Insert This ---> ", "

Then I added another custom command to fix typing the word period.
Say This ---> "period "
To Insert This ---> ". "

The solutions are not ideal, but at least they work until the problem gets fixed.

We have moved to a new forum. Please ask your question at forum.dictanote.co.